terça-feira, 3 de novembro de 2009

Microsoft abre primeiro centro técnico em Arizona

Fontes:
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2009/10/microsoft-store-capable-of-xbox-360-repair.html
http://xbox-experts.com/news/microsoft-opening-local-xbox-360-repair-shops/

Microsoft Stores to Offer On-Site Xbox 360 Repair

October 23, 2009 | 2:20 PM PST


Yesterday, I ran the story of a man who bought 20 Xbox 360s and wound up with only 19 working power bricks, and caught some flack for being too negative on Microsoft. And I said in response to my detractors that of I saw a story of good Microsoft customer service, I'd love to run it, but those are few and far between.

As luck would have it, I came across such a story today. Well, sort of. It's not exactly a personal account, like the bad ones which have been run, but actually news of a new service they are offering, and that's close enough for me.

Destructoid reports that the very first Microsoft Store has opened in Scottsdale, Arizona, and is apparently equipped to deal with Xbox 360 problems, thanks to an in-store repair service:


All you have to do is walk in the store with your console, drop it off at the Answers Desk and a Microsoft Store employee will then diagnose the issue that you're having. If it's something simple -- such as a faulty power supply causing the Red Ring of Death -- they'll rectify the situation immediately.

If it has to be shipped out, however, things are just about as awesome. Once the store has received your console, the main distribution center is notified and a replacement unit can be sent right away.


The only problem with this? Well, it seems that at the moment there is only the one Microsoft Store, though I am certain more will spring up over time, just as Apple Stores have. Should make for some fun entertainment if the two ever find themselves situated next to or across from each other in the same mall.

Nonetheless, this is a move in the right direction, and I'm sure it will only get better as more stores open. For this, I applaud them. If they can just take some of the sting out of the process for those who don't have one near them, they'll be golden.

But for the record, I definitely don't hate Microsoft. I have an Xbox 360 and certainly enjoy it, though I admit to a slight paranoia should anything happen to it-- it's out of warranty, you see (or about to be-- I should check a calendar).


Bom, ano que vem quem sabe eu não dou a sorte de conhecer algum por lá? :)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Antes de postar seu comentário, verifique se o que você procura já não tem no blog. Comentários com ofensas a outros usuários e palavras de baixo calão serão deletados. Caso tenha urgencia, entre em contato no meu email gp-andre.pereira@uol.com.br ou me ligue se necessário.